SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seattleboo

Nasty Neighbors

seattleboo
18 years ago

We have a neighbor who is a real estate attorney. He has been unfriendly from the get go. Has also planted right on the property line. Used to mow our lawn with his big sitting mower, because he didn't like it that we didn't mow our lawn every time it got longer than a Marine Corps "crew cut". Or perhaps was angling for an "Adverse Possession" claim on our property. Rocks from our gravel driveway were spewed from his mower twice, breaking two of our windows; so I told him not to cross the driveway ever again with his mower. Now he walks his 2 dogs over to do their business in our yard. When he saw I was planting bamboo, he came over to tell me someone from his church "makes thousands" removing bamboo for people. Our mutual neighbor across the street, a very generous tai chi instructor (an arborist), who has a nursery (hang on, there's a question in here somewhere), gave me 28 black bamboo plants. He said they were too demanding, and he had decided not to carry bamboo after all. So I have planted most of them in a row, to act as a property division. My basement tenant is a small contractor, who just bought a backho. I'm planning on having him dig a trench around the bamboo, to fill with cement. I read somewhere that cement pots conduct cold to the plant roots, but I reason that this is because the air around the pot can be freezing, while cement in the ground will only conduct ground temperature. Has anybody done this already? Think it's a good idea? Know how I can do away with the neighbor?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus