SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stage_rat

Advice needed for my plant sale

stage_rat
15 years ago

I'm going in to Chicago to do a plant sale this weekend in a friend's back yard. (Everybody hop in your car, and come on over! ;) )

Seriously, I have some planning questions. Some pots have more in them than others, so I thought I'd price each pot accordingly. I'm worrying that people will switch the price tags, and I won't know until the end, when the little plants will have stupid prices on them.

Do you think I should worry about that? I was thinking I could try to staple the price tag on the pot, or even on the leaves. But tape would be easier.

I'm using vertical blinds to label each pot, and I thought I'd make up an info sheet with a color photo of the flower, since many of these aren't blooming. Should I try to post these sheets right where those plants are? Or if I have them at my work table, would that be good enough?

And, does anyone have ideas for free advertising? It would cost about $40 to get an ad in the paper, so I'm not doing that! I put something on Craigslist, and I emailed some garden clubs to ask if they forward plant sale info to their members. Apparently they don't. You know, if I belonged to a garden club, I would want to get that sort of info! I'm going to put signs at each end of the block, and one at an intersection nearby. That's it for my ideas.

I think I have most things under control, but any other advice is welcome. Thanks!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH