SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karendee_gw

anonye ordered from CheapSeeds.com?

karendee
14 years ago

Just wondering if they are reliable?

I would like to order Creeping Thyme for next year and possibly some other seeds.

A link is attached with the Creeping Thyme...

thanks!

karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Creeping thyme seeds link

Comments (28)

• kqcrna
    14 years ago

Yes, I've ordered from them with no problems. Good basic seeds.

Karen

• trudi_d
    14 years ago

Yes, Jeff is a wonderful fellow. CheapSeeds is very reliable, I've been getting seeds from Jeff for many years.

• karendee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Great thanks for the input ladies!!

I will feel better ordering the seeds from them now.

Karen

• zahzeen
    14 years ago

I was just being nosy and looked on the link and then "surfed" a bit on their site. Wow - I can't believe the number of seeds for the price on some of these. I swore I was done ordering seeds but based on the recommendations, price, etc................

• kqcrna
    14 years ago

It's not a place to find some weird new hybrid. But for basic seeds it's great. What's not to love about 7,000 gloriosa daisies for $3. It's a great way for someone new to seed saving/trading to build up a seed stash for trade.

Karen

• karendee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

the amount of seeds is what caught my attention. I wanted to buy the creeping thyme but I plan to buy more than just those now :) I am looking at shasta dasisy, BES, and some others.

They are the more common ones but that is ok. Plus I am still trying to fill a lot of area and need lots of flowers. so the cheaper the better :)
    Karen

• token28001
    14 years ago

No NO NO NO! NO!!NO!!!! NOO!!!! well, okay.

• karendee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry to post another one Token! I do like the idea of the larger amount of seeds at once.

Plus free shipping!
    Karen

• karendee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

for 15% off use coupon code 321

I just found it by using google.

Karen

• lynnencfan
    14 years ago

I love the seed quantity in each packet - I want to plant drifts and this is just the way to get that done. Thanks for the link and for the vote of approval from those dealing with him. I am off to do an order now ......

Lynne

• kqcrna
    14 years ago

What a pathetic group this is. Mention a seed company and recommend them, and 80% of those reading will order.

Offer a discount code and orders probably rise to 90%.

Are we a pathetic, hopeless bunch, or what!

Karen

• karendee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lol, Karen!

We are a bunch of enablers aren't we?

I really did not mean to start an order frenzy, I wanted the creeping thyme and wanted to make sure it was a good deal...

OK so the coupon code I posted was enabling. I just could not help myself. I always search for coupons before buying something and wanted to share.

I only bought 2 packs of creeping thyme, I had other things in my cart but with free shipping I could always order more later.
    Karen

• mmqchdygg
    14 years ago

who are you calling pathetic? Certainly not this gal, who is going to bookmark this, contemplate WHICH seeds to buy (not "to buy or not to buy" but WHICH to buy) for next year's plant sale that I vow will be WAY better than this year's sale.

• lynnencfan
    14 years ago

Since I am starting seeds for 4 gardens next year (2 nieces, daughter and my own) this will be a bonanza for me for instant color for them - I will also be doing perennials for them but since they are in new homes they will want the instant color too. My requirement is that they supply me with milk jugs and then together we will be planting out HOS next spring. That 15% coupon saved me over $8.00 - I am a happy gardener :) ......

Lynne

• kqcrna
    14 years ago

Another one bites the dust.

Karen

• heather38
    14 years ago

wow they are cheap! but unfortunatly I "don't do flowers!" that said I am going to have to learn, as I have a huge area to fill! and veggies are not going to fill it all.
    I will be recommending them to some people I know who are keen Church members and charity fundraisers, as an idea for fundraising, at that price I would be more than willing to buy a packet and supply the potting mix in my designer newspaper containers. that would be such an affordable and fun way to contribute, and who knows maybe I will learn to enjoy flower growing?

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

Hey Karen, we can swap seeds as well as plants at the Chicago Fall get-together, so check out my list! I need to update the list, but I know I'll have fresh shasta daisies (medium and tall). I'm pretty sure I have a lot of rudbeckia from last year, I doubt I'll have ripe seed from this year in time for the swap.

• mmqchdygg
    14 years ago

Hey, heather, have you considered incorporating flowers into your veggie patch? Like Marigolds with your tomatoes, nasturtiums with various things, and/or zinnias to dress it up and attract pollinators?
    Come on, you know you want to...

• karendee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Stage Rat you are so nice! So many things off your list interest me! I have few seeds collected but I will do my best to bring some to the swap for you if you want them.

I like your Larkspur, Nicotiana "Tinkerbell.", Allium, Chamomile Feverfew, Foxgloves, Shasta Daisy, and more your gardens must be really pretty!! I donÂt even know what some on your list are.

WSÂers are so nice!! Thanks for offering seeds. Someday I will do the same when my gardens produce more seeds. Right now I donÂt get much.

I agree!! Heather you should grow some flowers in the veggie patch. I added Nastriums and Marigolds to mine this year. Plus I added some mystery plants that the label wore off. I also did some research and some flowers and veggies grow well together and can even enhance the flavor of the veggies.

Sorry for creating a seed order frenzy. The site looked a little too good to be tru to me and I wanted to be sure before ordering.

Karen

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

Heather: I'm curious, what does a yard look like when the owner does veggies but no flowers? Do you do ornamental kale along the front of the house? :) I've seen beautiful potagers, and the OCD displays of lettuce at Chicago Botanic Gardens, I think they're neat but I can't do them since I have lots of creatures who want to eat that stuff.

Karen: If it's an uneven trade, I don't care. I keep collecting seed, but I don't trade much and I'm too slow in filling sasbes. The nicotiana seed is old, I need to take it off my list, but it may still germinate. I'll have an unknown pinkish white from my mom's yard this year. Uh...some bits of my yard look pretty! Then a dull period hits, or I look in the wrong direction, and I despair. Some of what I trade is from my mom's yard, or my aunt's, or it's snatched from public places.

• heather38
    14 years ago

To all who commented and are worried, the house was new to us in September and the previous owner planted many flowering plants, and a gazzillion creeping plants, so the front look okayish, except due to me woeful lack of knowledge on the subject of anything pretty, except runner beans! :) it is beginning to look a mess, as I don't know a weed from a deliberately planted flower :( I have some clues now as I discovered one part has plastic mulch on it and the weeds have grown on top of that! so I have now identified some of them, and I am busy tighing ribbon to the shrubs I like so I can identify them in the fall, when I plan to rearrange things a little! I do have nurstuium?? in the veg beds more by luck than judgement as my twin four year olds insisted on flowers for you mummy! and it has paid off they are covered in some small black fly thing and the toms next to it clear! oh and I think I may have planted a sunflower right in the middle of a patch of toms covered by netting! DOH! slap hand on head! thanks for you sugestions

• lynnencfan
    14 years ago

I got my order today and I must say I am highly impressed with them and would recommend them to anyone. The quantity of seed is great for anyone doing a project esp with children. I got a personal note from Jeff apologizing for being out of the CA Giant Zinnia and refunded my money ($3.00 in a ziplock) plus a free package of PomPom Zinnias as a replacement. I got an additional free packet of African Daisy. Thank you Trudi for the high recommendation - when I saw that you ordered from him that was all I needed .......

Lynne

• daisydawnny
    14 years ago

I just ordered but did not know there was a coupon code. Oh well............

• trudi_d
    14 years ago

Hi Lynne,

I'm glad that you posted that Jeff did right for you--that is his way.

T

• zahzeen
    14 years ago

Oops, forgot the coupon code - oh well. I got my seeds today. Just FYI about substitutes, I had ordered red sweet williams but evidently they were out and substituted 2 packages (2,700 seeds each) of pink sweet williams. I'm probably being petty for the number of seeds and the money, but I don't want pink and will end up giving them away. I only wanted red. I wish he had just refunded my money. Shipping was really fast and they did double the number of substituted seeds. Really not a big deal - if this is all I have to complain about - I'm a lucky person.

• daisydawnny
    14 years ago

Got my order and am very happy! That's alot of seed!!!! I also got a free pack of African Daisy. I will be ordering again for sure!

• Alicia Thompson
    7 months ago

I wondered if they were vstill a good source. The thread is 14years old, so I was wondering. Thanks for the update.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH