SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ryan820

Holy cra....aw my poor bulb!

ryan820
14 years ago

So many of you know I have been surviving living in an apartment and despite it facing north, I have managed to keep my much-loved plants going under lights and very crammed spaces. I moved them all (well, mostly all) outside to the balcony as the temps have allowed. I have several elephant jade plants that are bonsai in training and they have gotten the prime spots as they need the most sun. However, this requires them to be on columns that support the outer roof. I figured I had them secured enough but I came home yesterday to a jade tree completely turned up-side-down on top of my red nymph bulb that had goregious foliage. EVERY single leaf was snapped off at the neck of the bulb, a major branch of my jade tree horribly distorted.... anger doesn't even begin to describe....

Anyway....my question to you all is, should i leave the bulb as is or do you think I should cut the rest of the butchered leaf remains to the neck? I'm sure the bulb will be fine-- it'll sprout new leaves-- but if a clean cut would help things along, I'd like to know.

Thanks--

Ryan

Comments (18)

Sponsored
More Discussions