SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lblack61

Garden Envy?

16 years ago

Ok. So you think your garden is just "da bomb"....everythings growing and blooming nicely in their places and certain areas of your yard makes your eyes glassy everytime you look at them.

THEN...

You go to someone else's house who is also a gardener. OMG.

Saturday, DH and I went to a party of someone he works with. The guy has so many varieties of plants it is astounding.

He has lillies with blooms that are creamy pale yellow and 5 inches or more wide (Several of his lillies are that big, in colors that would make you melt).

He has a Rudbeckia that has blooms that are about four inches wide with brownish on the petals (my Cherokee Sunset never looked like THAT!)

He has Erysimum (with a head that's larger than a golf ball, the size of a small peach or a big plum.

His Monarda "Jacob Cline" is monstrous, with the biggest stems and blooms I've ever seen.

One of the most striking combinations he had was that pale yellow Echinacea with pale yellow Scabiosa. Gorgeous combo.

Talk about eye candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was looking at flowers most of the time I was there, going back again and again.

The really good part of this? He said I can have seeds to ANYTHING I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Exclamation points intended)

And he meant it, because he handed me a pair of scissors, and said, "deadhead anything you want", and we laughed, because we both knew I would really do it, and I would be hunting for seeds.

I should have brought a camera. Of course, we're going back over there. When I do, I'll share them with you all (maybe you all can go shopping for what seeds you'd like me to get for you!)

Linda

Comments (19)

Sponsored