SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodik_gw

White Swan Garden Amaryllis and Others...

jodik_gw
14 years ago

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! Mine was a wonderfully lazy day, so I thought I'd stroll around the gardens and see what new things were making their appearance. But before I get to that, this is what's going on indoors... I'm very excited to see this, I can tell you! I didn't think they'd bloom until next year!

White Swan "Garden Amaryllis" getting ready to pop open...

{{gwi:408846}}

And this bud belongs to Phalaenopsis Sogo Grape Fireball... this is extremely exciting, because it's the first orchid to bloom from the batch of youngsters I got last year at the Orchid Festival! See the bud?

{{gwi:408849}}

And on to the gardens, where new things are happening!

Camassia, one of my favorite spring blooming bulbs, is opening... this is an American native.

{{gwi:408852}}

{{gwi:408854}}

My little red Miniature Rose is making a valiant comeback, after having died back to the ground over our frigid winter... it should bloom soon.

{{gwi:408856}}

This is the first Clematis to bloom this season, though other vines are loaded with buds.

{{gwi:408858}}

{{gwi:408859}}

Black Parrot Tulips... the last of the tulips for this year, I think...

{{gwi:408861}}

Pink flowered Columbine... this is a seedling or an offset from the mother plant. The mother plant will soon be gracing Kitty's garden, while this little guy grows a new clump for me!

{{gwi:408863}}

Another Aquilegia hybrid... I grew this one from seed, as well as the pink. I think it's a McKenna Hybrid. I can't wait to plant the new seedlings I grew this year! They're "Tequila Sunrise", and they should bloom this summer, or next at the latest.

{{gwi:408865}}

A white Tall Bearded Iris...

{{gwi:408867}}

A yellow Intermediate Iris...

{{gwi:408870}}

And a purple Tall Bearded Iris... lots more of the Iris I planted last year should be blooming soon... these are just the first of many buds to open!

{{gwi:408874}}

Heuchera in a lovely color shade, getting ready to send up its tall spikes of tiny bell shaped flowers. I can't recall the name of this one... "Peach Flambe", I think.

{{gwi:408878}}

The wonderful purples of giant Allium...

{{gwi:408880}}

{{gwi:408882}}

I know what these are now... they're giant White Alliums! I can see the flowers getting ready to push up and open!

{{gwi:408884}}

The Spirea is just loaded with blossoms this year! It's got an amazing aroma that drifts around the yard, reminding me of springtime!

{{gwi:408885}}

And finally... the tall purple Bearded Iris shown in their garden area...

{{gwi:1307}}

Thank you for indulging my need to share flowers other than Hippeastrums... but I know that gardening is gardening, and I know you all appreciate a nice flower, regardless of species!

And thank you for joining me on yet another short walk around the yard... I'll update on the White Swan as that opens, and I'll try to capture that orchid as it blooms, too! That has me so excited... it's the very first orchid to bloom for me that wasn't already blooming when I got it! I can finally say that I'm a novice orchidist! :-)

I can't wait to show you all the roses... there are tiny buds in the works already! And there's so much more gearing up to bloom... Daylilies, Lilies, more Iris and Clematis, the white Alliums, a Mock Orange, and countless other perennials... I just can't wait to share it all with you!

Until next time... Happy Gardening!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions