SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindeea_gw

Promised Plants and Seeds

cindeea
16 years ago

Chaz, I am rooting 3 plumeria for you. The NOID Wine, a handsome hunk of Aztek Gold and I am including Pudica Bridal Veil. The Pudica can easily be maintained as a small tree and doesn't get as big as the others. It is also an evergreen and one of the few that keeps it's leaves year round.

NOID Wine

{{gwi:405307}}

Pudica

{{gwi:405308}}

Aztek Gold-smells like peaches

{{gwi:405309}}

Lizalily-your little pink Dwarf Poinciana is looking like it will make it. I also have some of the red/yellow seeds for you. I can't seem to get the Coral Nymph salvia seeds to grow.

Dwarf Poinciana

{{gwi:405311}}

Jodi-I have your zombie bulb and some more orchids. I am still unable to find new Epis, usually by now they are out at HD. I might try the older store that usually carries them.

{{gwi:405313}}

SalPal, I will send you some of the San Remo crosses.

OK all you guys, I hate to send out packages without including more treats. Look at my Amaryllis album and let me know what seeds you may want included. I have some selfing and others that are crosses. Tell me your preferences. Then the remainder of my seeds will go to Soultan since it seems a waste to not use or share them.

At the top of the albun, the link below, you can click on "my photos". Go to the album with the dessert rose as the cover to see if I have some other plants you may want cuttings or seeds from. I LOVE SHARING THE WEALTH!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Amaryllis Album

Comments (33)

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    16 years ago

Not to be greedy...could you send a few Vera, Lemon lime, and Diamond Winter?? I would love to have some additions to my growing family. I promise I'll take excellent care of them!
    Thanks! details to follow in personal e-mail!
    Kristi

• paxfleur
    16 years ago

That Vera is definitely beautiful; great selection Kristi. Cindee this is so generous of you to offer your harvest. =) I would take you up for the Vera seeds but I've given up on seedlings (gnats kill them all :o(.) But I'll probably buy Vera next season after seeing yours this year. =)

• Related Discussions

As Promised, NEWBIE seed package

Q

Comments (4)
    I'm not new to gardening but new to seed trading. I have some health challenges so I'm no longer able to do as much as I once could. Last year my sweetie put in 2 raised beds and that helped alot. I also had wonderful luck with putting down a thick layer of newspaper topped with lots of grass clippings around the tomatoes, peppers, etc. By using the new little 'tricks' I was able to grow more veggies than ever. We love eating what we grow but I think the best part is the sharing. We have young families in the neighborhood that dont have time or energy for gardening and I hosted their children for harvesting. The kids proudly took home buckets of produce and herbs and I got veggies picked that were out of my reach! A win-win situation :) The amazement on a 5 year olds face when he first sees a carrot come out of the ground is priceless! The veggies also give me a good reason to visit the 2 elderly couples on the block. I learn alot from their stories and they get fresh veggies. All in all our veggies were shared with at least 9 families. This spring the turf will give up a few more feet to the veggie plots and hopefully we will have even more harvest to share :) Thank you for doing your part by making the community garden possible! arkseven-even if you dont choose me to share your seed packets with, I have Black Krim heirloom tomato and Eggplant-Applegreen to share with you if you're interested.
    ...See More

re:to those promised dragonfruit seeds. plz read

Q

Comments (0)
    One person sent me a manilla bubble envelope containing seeds. 1 day after getting them I had to fly out of town for a sick and dying relative and have not been back since. I am comming home next week. I still have your address and will be giving you a ton of dragon fuit seeds. I am so sorry for the wait. I didnt have anytime. I had to leave that night. Rest assured You will be receiving your dragon fruit seeds shortly. im not into the business of conning people and am genuinely sorry
    ...See More

Plants I promised to offer here.

Q

Comments (2)
    Christine, your GW settings prevent me from being able to respond to the note. Can you send another note with your email address in it? Happy to set you up with whatever I have! - Tiffany
    ...See More

Bot. Garden promised plants!

Q

Comments (6)
    Hey,Patris...thanks for the additional inspiring photos,just when we Northeasterner's need them the most. (very cold,snow,wind...yech!) Excellent pics,and nice photography. Where are these plants coming from for your new GH ? They sure are beauties. I too very much like that Bromelia one.I've always had a weak spot for the odd looking or rare, hard to find broms. Even if they are hard to grow,like high altitude types,I've enjoyed the challenge,and the time spent here,tho they don't always make it. But when they adapt and prosper,bloom and pup,its a good feeling of accomplishment. Thanks for the post. Bob
    ...See More
  • cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

oh crap pax, I'll send ya some seeds too if you send me an addy! What have ya got to loose? Float the seeds in water and a few drops of hydro peroxide, covered plastic trays from grocery work great. Got your email kristi!

• paxfleur
    16 years ago

lol Cindee, you are a sweetpea but I have to humbly decline. I started almost 100 seeds in January and out of about 75 seedlings that originally germinated, I only have about 30 left. The fungus gnats will not leave anything alone! :/ I do want to thank you for sharing your beautiful Vera though; it has inspired me to definitely have it in my collection next season. =)

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

Cindee, my dear generous friend! These are the ami seeds that I would particularly like, either self or crosses with them

Misty
    Exotic star
    Vera
    lemon lime
    Johnsonii
    Vittatum

not too many seeds of each though! Very limited shelf space for trying these and many of my own to try out. WOuld you like any of my seeds? I am not sure what I have, only some have kept their labels! I Have 6 more pods ripening that are labled still.

I would love some rooted plumeria , CIndee! Any or all of them. HOwever, not sure how much care they would get while I am having my other knee done. Maybe best to wait until next time for those unless they could go out on the porch at the end of May.

DId you reschedule your hip surgery yet? I see my Surgeon on the 17th so am hoping he will OK the May 19th right knee replacement. I find that having one good knee leaves me going in circles, like my right foot was nailed to the floor! I want to be able to take off down the road to adventureland!
    How is your man doing now?

• mariava7
    16 years ago

Cindee...(((hugs))) Don't you all love this woman?

I sent you an email a few days ago. Did you receive it?

Now talking about 'promised plants'...
    Cindee, Jodi and Pax...Wayside decided to offer Evergreen in fall without informing the 'paid up' customers! Grrrrr!!! I wouldn't have known had I not called them today. So I cancelled the order and just had my credit card charged back. Hopefully some of the other bulb companies will offer Evergreen for a cheaper price this fall.

• paxfleur
    16 years ago

Maria, I was going to email you about the Evergreen today but decided to wait. =) Actually, I'm kind of relieved that they cancelled the order. All the bulbs I got late in the season (Royal Colors, Wayside, and Nature Hills) performed poorly compared to my earlier bulbs. My J.S order from November looked terrible compared to the great looking bulbs I received from Royal Colors in January; yet, my J.S bulbs performed beautifully and my beautiful bulbs from Royal Colors had stunted scapes and premature blooms. I'm going to order big early next season; no
    more late orders for me. =) Thank you for trying Maria.

• paxfleur
    16 years ago

Maria, I was going to email you about the Evergreen today but decided to wait. =) Actually, I'm kind of relieved that they cancelled the order. All the bulbs I got late in the season (Royal Colors, Wayside, and Nature Hills) performed poorly compared to my earlier bulbs. My J.S order from November looked terrible compared to the great looking bulbs I received from Royal Colors in January; yet, my J.S bulbs performed beautifully and my beautiful bulbs from Royal Colors had stunted scapes and premature blooms. I'm going to order big only early next season; no
    more late orders for me. =) Thank you for trying Maria.

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Cindee - You're so very generous! We'll keep our eyes open for Epis to split... we'll find some, I'm sure! I emailed that website you found with all the cool species, but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a good orchid place! As far as seeds go, I have plenty... if you feel like throwing a few in, I'll happily accept... otherwise, don't worry about it! We must talk about what plant items, or whatever else, I can send to you!

Maria - I sure appreciate you trying to obtain "Evergreen" for all of us... Wayside is notorious for substituting plant material, or offering something they can't come up with... they still owe me a rose from last spring! It's unfortunate that their catalog has such glorious items offered... we should probably be wary of a company that spends so much in advertising! But, I thank you, Maria... I was happy to be included, and I'm happy they refunded you! I hope other vendors offer "Evergreen" next fall! It sure is pretty!

Both Cindee and Maria deserve medals of merit for all they do for us "newbies"! They are both generous to a fault, sharing everything they've learned to help us on our way... not to mention sharing seeds, seedlings and other items of interest! And they do this, while at the same time caring for families, working, and going through all life can throw at a person... and for this, for all of this... both Cindee and Maria deserve the highest honor a forum can bestow... since we have no medals to give out, I'd like to take this opportunity to say how much I appreciate them as friends and mentors! I'd also like to add Soultan to the list of honorees... he's helped me more than he knows, and I'm honored to call him my friend, too!

And to everyone I have promised packages of seeds... they're getting ready to leave via Priority Mail, or Global Priority... whichever applies! I hope you'll forgive my tardiness... I haven't been getting around so good lately.

• mariava7
    16 years ago

Oh my Jodi, thank you so much! Sometimes, I feel guilty on not being able to post here as much as I did before. Life is so much bussier now here for me in VA.

Global priority? Are you sending anything for Xuan? Arif? Anybody outside US? Please inform us here in the forum, I might be able to send some stuff too.

Geezzzz, I still need to send my teddy bear to Dizzy! I haven't seen her lately. Dizzzyyyy...are you still here?

• cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh darn it Maria, I already sent my packages out to Hxuan and Arif. My bad for not speaking up. Lora and I combined pink seeds for Arif. Lora was the first Ami person to share seeds with me, then Maria and Elizabeth. The Florida forum is the same with sharing.. I am just paing it forward. I wouldn't be in this wonderful condition if people hadn't shared with me to begin with!

Liza, I'll root an Aztek Gold for you and ship it later. They take a while to get their roots, anyway.

Jodi, I am still hunting epi's too. I have a plant swap in boca next month and usually someone brings some epis. They really are one of the easiest orchids to grow.

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

I have a small package of seeds going to Australia, and several packages going either east or west... I've already got stuff packaged... just need to get it out!

No need to feel guilty, Maria... we all have lives outside of the forum... this is like a haven where we come to discuss and show off the bulbs our families just don't understand! But I sure do enjoy all your pictures! You have a fabulous collection!

Cindee - I just love my little Epi! It is truly one of the easiest orchids, that's for sure! I keep looking around for the more interesting ones, and I'm sure I'll find some eventually! I'd be interested to know what the plant swap had to offer... keep me informed! And I'll keep looking from my end! I'm also enthralled with the Cymbidiums I've been looking at... they're gorgeous!

• salpal
    16 years ago

It's true that cindee and maria have shared so much on this forum. Cindee I am going to send you seeds too. I will email you.

• chazparas
    16 years ago

Hey Cindee!
    Thanks for being so generous! I'll just have to be more persistent in trying for a greenhouse!!! Ah, to sit under plumerias and hipps while sipping a nice cold...
    Been busy with school these past few days it was so nice to come "home" and see this post.
    As I shared with ya awhile ago, I'm a bit leary about rooting anyting and sending soil to FL, but I've got a list of things to cut for ya once it's safe to ship from here. Still having frost in the mornings here but the spring bulbs are finally starting to peak there heads and the waterlily are starting to show signs of growth in my tiny pond.

• rosalie946
    16 years ago

Hi Cindee, I'm new to this forum and to the amaryllis bulbs. I would really appreciate any seeds and or bulblets you may have left. I love the few amaryllis that I do have, and am very interested in growing my collection. Would be very happy to send you seeds or even plants that I have in exchange if you let me know what you would like to have.
    Please e-mail me at roseandov@aol.com. Thanks, Rose

• dizzy77
    16 years ago

Hi Everybody,
    Yes Maria I am still here! I've been really busy preparing for our First BABY!!!! I'm 6 months pregnant and there is sooooo much to do. I was a bit sick for the first few months but am feeling much better now.
    I have been reading posts and enjoying the pics, so Thanks to everyboby who has been posting because it has really lifted my 'down' days.

Not a lot happening with the Hippies here in Australia, they are losing their leaves and are getting ready for a good sleep. My seedlings are doing well and have had a big growing spurt over the summer but will probably slow now the weather is getting cooler.

BTW Is the weather warm enought to send seeds in the mail? I have a package ready to send to Maria and Jodi and anybody else who wants seeds of red noids from Australia. I have posted pics, just do a search for noids and you should find photos.

Cindee,
    I would love some seeds of Sumatra and Exotic Star or any crosses of these two that you may have. Just let me know and I'll email privately.

• mariava7
    16 years ago

Oh shoot! So I just missed out on everybody's packages (outside US).

I think it would be a good idea to post here in the forum about packages to be sent outside US so we can all chip in on what to send and save on the cost of postage. If I am right, it costs around $15 at least to send out a 1 lb. package internationally? Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Chaz...I think you missed my message to you in another post. Are you ready for your jumbo Minerva? The horsetail I'm preparing for you just decided to lose it's leaves. I don't know if it's resting or what. I will just get a division from the mother and send it with your Minerva. Anything else you want?

Dizzy...Yayyyyy!!! Congratulations! Is it a girl or a boy? Wow...this is very good timing. Now your package will be 'for the baby' incognito...lol! I just repotted my Exotic Star. I have a bulblet for you! I hope it survives the trip. Just before I send out your package, I will seperate a La Paz bulblet. My La Paz didn't rest at all and it is putting out a scape...again! So if anybody wants to send Dizzy some seeds (exotic), you can send them to me and I'll send them together with the teddy bear.
    If you are going to send the seeds here to US, you can just send them to me and I'll take care of sending them out here. That would save you a lot of postage. Anything else you need here from US?

I just bought a variegated Optimara AV with single blue flower. When I saw it in the store, the first thing I thought of was Cindee, Jodi and Xuan. Is Xuan's daughter going home to Vietnam anytime soon? Then I saw these table of newly arrived phaleonopsis in HD, beautiful ones! Of course I thought of Cindee, Jodi and Chaz. I couldn't buy it though, it was $25 each! LOL!

I don't have much plants (other then amaryllis) to share. I really have decided to avoid them to concentrate on the collection. If they won't survive in my garden without care, then I don't get them.

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Don't worry, Maria, I'm sure I'll have another package going to Australia in the coming months! I wouldn't miss out on sending something for the new baby!

Official Congrats, Dizzy! I'm so glad you're feeling better! I watched both my daughter and my daughter-in-law go through the whole process, and I can see that morning sickness is no fun! But for all that, I have 3 grandchildren that I adore! Kids change your life... in the most wonderful way! You're about to experience the true "meaning of life"!

And, yes, I'd say it's warm enough to send seeds through the mail... I've been getting some orders of plants in, and they're arriving just fine.

Chaz, keep your eyes open for Harbor Freight's greenhouse sale... we got ours for a very reasonable price! All we have to do now is put it together! Surely, if you got a good deal on one... well, you DO need one... for the orchids and plumerias, of course! ;-)

Maria, I have to get a photo posted of my AV so you can see what it's doing now! It's going crazy, I think! Like you, I've decided to concentrate on bulbs... so other than a few orchids, I won't be getting any more houseplants! I don't have space for them, anyway! My last purchase was a Scadoxus bulb, and the one before that was the Cym.

So, to reiterate, it's safe to send seeds and things my way... just let me know it's coming and I'll watch for it... and, I've got packages going out! Anyone getting one will probably get an email with a tracking number direct from the USPS.

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

Dizzy, congratulations on the baby! What a little joy bringer!

I am hoping to be an expectant Grandma about any time now...not the baby but the expectation of one! Will be sure to let you all know, NO DOUBT! ANd my youngest daughter's best friend from childhood on, just had a "miracle" baby, who is doing well at 3 lbs 8 oz. (Daughter is in love and now enchanted with the idea of marrying and having her children.)
    What a fun time for a long time Grandma Wannabe!

• paxfleur
    16 years ago

Wow Dizzy, congratulations! =) I never would have thought you were pregnant even though it's so natural and possible. =) Continue to take care of yourself even though you've passed through the critical months and make sure the mate buys you whatever you crave and want to eat. =)

Maria, when will you be sending the package to Dizzy? I have pods on Germa (Mother) x Pink Floyd (Pollen) that should be ready in 3-4 weeks and I think the cross may be interesting.

• chazparas
    16 years ago

Maria,
    I guess I did miss the other post. Email me we'll talk details!I guess it's OK to send the bulb now, I'd be home before any hard freeze hits us at night, and I did get some shipments in November that survived. Thanks so much.
    Chaz

• cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dizzy, I wondered what was keeping you Bizzy!! LOL Congrats my dear!

Chaz, when I do send soil, I take it fresh from a bag of miracle grow when rooting so it is not something that has been sitting around for awhile.

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    16 years ago

Cindee, I love your exotic star and Elvas. I have candy cane in bud right now, I just got them on ebay few weeks ago. I will post the photo when it opens.

• chazparas
    16 years ago

Cindee, can I send soil to you like that? I'll root the fuschia epi-cacti in miracle grow soil or something like that if I can send it to FL that way.

• dizzy77
    16 years ago

Wow Thank you for all the support!

I'm having a little Girl, couldn't wait to find out the sex.
    At my 20wk ultra sound she wouldn't show us so i had to go back and pay for another ultra sound just to find out!
    A half Vietnamese and half Australian baby girl, I wonder what she will look like.....
    I feel like I'm making my own cross here LOL!

Maria,
    I can't beleive your really going to send this Teddy bear! Thrilled about getting it and a bit scared and anxious at the same time.
    It would be great if you could take care of distributing the seeds to other US menbers for me. i will try to get the seeds in the mail first thing next week.

Jodi,
    Scadoxus is a real beauty. I have a small cluster that has just finished flowering and I'm always amazed at the beauty and form of the blooms.

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

Chaz, I cut your pussywillows tonight. Will try to send them off to you tomorrow.

This is like one of those party games where you pass the gifts around until the music stops then everyone opens they one they have!

Or we could just call it "CHAD DAY"!

• chazparas
    16 years ago

Dizzy, Congrats!!! Vietnamese and Australian, sounds like a mix that will make a beautiful little flower!!! I'm very happy for you.

Liza, Thanks when ever you're able to get them out is fine. I've still got a ton of garden clean up after this past winter. One, no more than two of each would be great I'm limited on space!Any chance one of those gorgeous lilacs suckered??? (a nice shy hint there!)LOL

Heading off to class in a few, have a wonderful day all.

I've got a few things rooting/planned for a couple of you. (jodik-the white epi-cacti) and other folks i've promised I've got a list.

• haxuan
    16 years ago

Hey, folks, sounds like a lot were going on over there!

Dizzy, congrats on your baby! Half Vietnamese?... wow, I feel like we're relative somehow!

Thank you Maria for thinking of me when seeing that AV. My daughter has just been back from the US a couple of weeks ago, so it will be long before her next trip! Cindee has generously sent me, via my daughter, a nice package with bulblets and seeds and fertilizers and so did Jodi. I have nothing more to ask for this season!

Xuan

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Oh, Dizzy! A little girl! How wonderful! I think she will be beautiful with her delicately mixed heritage! If she looks anything like you, she'll be a knockout! Have you guys thought of names yet?

Chaz - I'm very excited to be getting my first Epi-Cactus! I hope I can grow it and bring it to bloom as you have! It's positively gorgeous! I had no idea how many flower variations there were until I looked into it... wow! It's another plant that has its own fan club and addicts, I see! Now, what can I send you in return? Or, have we already discussed this and my memory is failing yet again?! I grow many perennials every year, and you're welcome to anything I have, including seeds or cuttings... we'll email and figure it out!

Liza - this is what it's all about... sharing seeds and cuttings and plants! It makes the whole gardening experience that much more enjoyable! National "CHAD" Day! A day of exchanging plant materials! I like it!

• cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Chaz, i generally tape paper bags or news paper over the soil cup. Keps it in the pot that way too. When I get plants that are in soil, I usually rinse it off and toss then plant in my own soil.

Jan thanks!! Talk to Barb, she said something about lunch next week. I am definitely Up for it! I'll being my seed booklet and you can have your pick!

• kitty747
    16 years ago

Hello everybody. Have been enjoying my visit with all of you this evening -- even though you didn't know I was there :-) Dizzy, don't think we've met (my loss) because I only joined a few months ago, but congratulations on your baby -- such a blessing. She's going to be a beauty, for sure. You will post pictures, right? We're finally getting spring here, and you're getting colder there.

I, too, really enjoy sharing. Chaz mentioned epiphyllum, which I also have, and one is just starting to bloom. Had for a couple years and fertilized heavily last summer. Here's a not-so-great picture of it. Flower is about three inches across. Have to warn you, though, it does get quite large. Would be good for you folks who live where it's warm. It does like being outside.
    {{gwi:405315}}

Do have others I can probably get a few pieces from, but not currently in bloom, so don't know which is which because they're unfortunately not labeled. People have just given me cuttings, and I stick them in a hanging pot and keep them watered. The parent of this red one originated in Berlin. Yes, it went through WWII.

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Lovely color, Kitty, and wonderful history! The oldest plant I have is a Mother-In-Laws-Tongue... it was the only plant to survive our house fire, if memory serves. That was about 10 years ago. The smoke and subsequent cold killed everything else, so I've had to collect most of my plants all over again. Thanks to generous friends, it didn't take long to have a nice collection of greenery again!

If Epi Cacti like to be outdoors, I'll have to find a nice location to summer it out in the garden!

• potential_black_thum
    16 years ago

Ooooh, I'll take seeds if you're happy to send them to Australia! My little devils are swelling up nicely in their float tank, but I've only got one kind, and now I want MORE!!!! Its so exciting.

Sponsored
More Discussions