SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

What's looking good June 2011?

grant_in_arizona
12 years ago

Hi all,

What's looking good in your garden this June? We've been blessed with relatively mild temps so far so a lot of gardens in my neighborhood are looking really, really nice.

I haven't even started my air conditioner yet since the daily maximum spikes and drops so quickly (and the interior of my house doesn't get as hot as the outdoor daily max), and nights/mornings are still so lovely (69 F at my place this morning and so far all month). Soon I'll break down, though, and start it up.

In any case, here are a few plants that look nice out in my little garden this month, what's looking good in yours? We'd love to see or hear your update!

Dwarf-growing plumeria, variety 'Divine' on the east side of my house. It's been in the ground for three years and is doing really, really well. It made it through this past winter without any damage at all (I'm as surprised as anyone, and no, I didn't cover it). Pretty AND smells nice too:

{{gwi:406862}}

Formosa lily (Sprekelia formosissima) in bloom

{{gwi:406863}}

Hollyhocks, still going strong:

{{gwi:406865}}

And finally, a Jatropha gossypifolia plant with its wonderful burgundy/maroon foliage and nice small reddish blooms:

{{gwi:406867}}

Okay, your turn, pics or not.

Take care and happy gardening!

Grant

Here is a link that might be useful: My plant/garden blog (just a post or three a month)

Comments (20)