SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

Lazy Sunday, with butterfly pics etc..

silverkelt
13 years ago

Was a rather lazy sunday today..

Didnt do much this weekend with the garden, it rained hard, but not long today as well, just didnt feel like doing much more than taking some pics this afternoon..

Meadow Fritillary was flitting around my Coerpsis Mayfield Giant, one of my favorite wintersowers.. hardy perennial that has decent size flowers, but catches the wind or so pretty..

{{gwi:213944}}

{{gwi:405520}}

Some wintersowing first openers for the year.. Silene German Catchfly

{{gwi:405521}}

First pansy of the year from this years wintersowing batch.. had several from last year already putting color out for months.. this is from Springtime Mix

{{gwi:405522}}

First Wintersown Petunia.. used to do these inside. I dont bother now, I sow them late april and they open around start of July.. like clockwork, they fill in color after the perrenials start fading..

{{gwi:405523}}

A before shot, I will post a after in the coming weeks when they are in full bloom, I also have a pot of them on my side entry way area..

{{gwi:405524}}

Double Clarkia.. not that impressive to say the least.. I thought these were supposed to be 12-18 inches high, so I put in a spot for that hieght.. they are a whopping 2 inches high, maybe..

{{gwi:405525}}

Blanketflower finally looking impressive!

{{gwi:384061}}

Underside of those mayfield gaint

{{gwi:405526}}

Annual phlox is starting to take off... another favorite wintersower.. good fill in color when everything else is over..

{{gwi:405527}}

Lavender is starting to really bloom

{{gwi:405528}}

and my mixed border..

{{gwi:213947}}

Silverkelt

Comments (8)

Sponsored