SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
asarumgreenpanda

Hello from a poster old enough to be new again

Hello Hippi growers,

I used to post on this forum long, long ago, when it first started. I stopped posting here after NBF destroyed my hippeastrum collection and disheartened me to the point that I stopped growing these wonderful bulbs. At the time, I vowed off hippeastrum, but, oddly enough :) , after a couple of years, a few bulbs found their way into my care, and then a few more, and.. So here I am again, happy to be re-addicted, and happy to see a few people I knew and many I haven't "met," yet. You are all posting gorgeous photos!

I live in the Northeast US and grow my hippies as houseplants. Right now, I've got a number in bloom and wish my camera worked. I'll see what I can do about that.

I started hybridizing again -- just a little bit -- last year. At the moment, I have only one seedling. (Only one?! It was from what I believe is a dip x tet cross -- Lemon-Lime x Exotica. I decided to see if L-L would accept tet pollen, and I suppose it did, although not, um, *willingly.* There were only 3 viable-looking seeds, only one of which germinated.) This year, I'm excited about an Exotic Star x Bright Spark seed pod. It's still ripening, so we'll see what happens.

Anyway, if you're still reading this novella, thanks! It's nice to be back.

Amanda

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions