SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vera_eastern_wa

A few more June 10th Pics

vera_eastern_wa
14 years ago

What's up with Matthiola incana 'Giant Imperial'? It's my 2nd year trying to grow Stocks, but they never grow beyond this. They germinated on 3/3 and I had them in the ground on 5/10..a little later than I wanted too, but last year I had them planted much earlier to avoid the summer heat, but still they never bloomed or much less grew! These are also known as 10 week stock. 10 weeks is from sowing to flower.

{{gwi:403013}}

Snapdragon finally planted out on June 9th...these came from trade a few years ago labeled 'Red and White'. Research shows these were one of the original parents of the heirloom 'Black Prince'...it sure shows in the leaf color by summer with the dark purple undersides

{{gwi:403015}}

Here is one of a few 3rd year Snapdragons...I took the seeds from a 'Black Prince' on the school campus but believe it crossed with another Snap...although the leaf coloring is correct the flower color is a little lighter

{{gwi:403017}}

Some curly leaf Lettuce 'Salad Bowl'

{{gwi:403019}}

Broccoli 'Green Goliath'. The first year I grew these I didn't harvest until July 14th-17th and they had not started bolting yet...heads still very yummy and crisp. Awesome heat resistance!

{{gwi:403021}}

I sowed together 2 different Celosia...'Pink Candle' and one from trade labeled as 'Burgundy'...these were planted last evening

{{gwi:403023}}

...assuming this is 'Burgundy'

{{gwi:403024}}

Schizanthus (Poor Man's Orchid). Such a big difference when planted with space...they bloom on much smaller plants. I kinda of rather liked how they looked last year...really crammed together with tall Calendula, Marigolds and Cerinthe; then they grew tall and served as a filler

{{gwi:403025}}

Comments (9)

Sponsored