SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dorisl_gw

It really is a leap of faith, isnt it?

15 years ago

I kept telling DH not to worry about the tomato seeds, they'll germinate when it warms up, I said, wait and see.

When we still had nothing really going at middle of May, He got a bad case of tomato-anxiety and threatened to go to ACE and actually BUY tomato plants, so my pride was hurt. And this from a guy who has very strong faith of the other kind.

I reseeded whatever I had extras for and sorta recycled the soil in the containers that I didnt. Well guess what, I got tomato plants germinating ALL OVER THE PLACE. I planted at least 30 in the designated bed. Now Ive got at least thirty coming up in the recycled containers, in the middle of the geraniums, next to the zinnia, and anyplace else that I happened to use the soil. Add that to the volunteers that are coming up in spots where I buried some garbage-picked rotten tomatos, the spot where the tree fell on last years bed and wiped out a dozen plants. And what do you think happened anyplace where I mixed compost with the potting soil....

There are probably at least another 30 or 40 plants. At least Ill have extras if some of them dont make it.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES