SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluebonsai101

Boophone from South Africa....is there any interest?

bluebonsai101
15 years ago

Hi all, As many know I import large numbers of bulbs every year, mostly as co-ops these days. I just got in some nice large Boophone disticha (somtimes spelled Boophane, but I have been corrected) a week ago. I'm not sure there is interest amongst the growers here in these more unusual plants, but if there is please let me know and I will include you in my next order. You have been well-versed in the rules of engagement by now so I will not bore people with the details here. I will say the Phyto fee is $25 so it is cheap by comparison to OZ.

The last bulbs I received cost $25 each and they weighed in at right around 1 Kg each so they cost $23 to ship from SA. So, these are not hybrid Hippis....they cost more than that which tends to turn people off. Let me know if there is interest and I will forward details when I get them....I am going to order with my ususual cast of characters anyway so if no one is interested it is not a big deal at all....just passing on the opportunity.

I should say that these bulbs also have very well defined dormancies and so rooting them back out is not just a matter of dropping them in dirt and watering!!

Obviously, I get in Crinum, Ledebouria, etc., etc., etc. but for here I'll just limit it to some Boophone....the actual price he will charge depends on exactly what size he has available at the time.

Anyway, if there is interest in the more unusual Amaryllids from SA then let me know and you can go in on an order as long as you understand the risks and details...that last part is critical :o) Dan

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions