SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark4321_gw

When do you plant bok choy for Fall in your area?

mark4321_gw
15 years ago

I had trouble with bok choy bolting over the spring even under mild conditions--the weather started out cool and gradually warmed--nothing at all dramatic. From the reading I did here and elsewhere, the conclusion I remember is that bok choy is much easier as a fall than a spring crop. Presumably changes in day length and not just temperature are factors. In the absence of chasing down a bolt resistant strain (how useful are those?), I decided I would just plant in the fall. I have the standard full size bok choy from Kitazawa seeds.

I'm curious about when to plant seeds. I'm in the San Franicisco Bay Area. I'm hoping to find times when the plants will both grow at a reasonable rate and not go to seed.

However, since my experience would be meaningless to someone in Houston, and both of ours is not terribly relevant to someone in Minnesota, I was curious if people could give what part of the country they live in and when they have successfully (or unsuccessfully) planted bok choy in the fall.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional