SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

I think this is Sweet William, is it? And a couple more pics.

aliska12000
12 years ago

I compared these to some on the web and am not sure. The reddish could be due to being so close to the north side of the house and most fallen over. I doubt they're meant to trail like that lol. I don't want to cut too much back and ruin them though.

I transplanted them into fresh cups where the roots can go deeper and want to know if you think I should cut them back as these will never grow straight and tall like SW should. A few look ok as is.

{{gwi:394560}}

The other photo I posted on my "failures or are they thread" so won't repost, got positive id for for bluebells, actually not the Jack in the Pulpits. These are my baby raspberry plants, found another one some time later which is probably why it's smaller, doubles in some, moved into more sun, also repotted these into fresh cups (two winters the old ones split down the sides letting the soil run out by at least half). I'm so happy with them. I don't know what the other stuff can be, but I'll leave them alone for now.

{{gwi:394561}}

This will show how the cups crack a second winter, haven't repotted them yet, may just plant out as is. I think they might be Celandine poppies and true leaves won't show for awhile. Or they are something else nobody will be able to tell at this stage. They look to me like flower seedlings of some kind, and they may not all be the same. I've got more flats out there with unknown stuff, won't bother folks (or myself to take more pictures) for now.

{{gwi:394562}}

Here's my rhubarb I'm so happy with. I know no big deal to some. Again I've moved them out from the north of the house to get more sun, and the leaves are starting to look better. That other stuff looks like junk to me, containers are marked rhubarb.

{{gwi:394563}}

Finally, I know what this is, lamium, rode in on a cimifuga my sister gave me. I can tell it's invasive but would be a great ground cover on the north side of the garage where I don't want to have to spend too much time maintaining. I thought the yellow blooms are pretty which is why I grabbed this shot. It's easy enough to rip out if it gets where you don't want it. I saw my neighbor potting a bunch of it, grows in deep shade at her place, and I wonder the easiest way to propagate more if anybody knows.

{{gwi:394564}}

Enough for today. You can see traces of a much bigger mess that needs cleaning out. I can only yank so much of that pesky grass and would rather not mess with more Grass b Gone but might. Thought I'd smother what I don't want with magazines, cardboard and staple down or pile mulch on. I wish I could afford to hire a part-time gardener, would make it more enjoyable for me, can't always have what we want, can we? Be thankful to have what you have these days.

Comments (6)

Sponsored