SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyce_2010

Gravel, and how to get rid of it properly!

joyce_2010
14 years ago

Hi. I know someone posted this question back in 2007, but I was hoping I could get some more specific responses to my situation. We just purchased a total "fixer" and although most of the inside of the house is now liveable, the very small backyard is a mess. It's all gravel, but the problem is, the backyard gravel is mixed with years upon years of dog feces that were never scooped up by the previous owners. It is hard to see what is actually gravel now, or discolored/hardened dog waste, and the smell is awful--absolutely disgusting. We'd like to get rid of all the gravel at this point as it's fairly impossible to separate the two. That said,I can't offer it to Freecycle because it's not "clean" and feel very uncomfortable going through public sites to list our address for strangers to come to our home. Is the only other alternative to get a "dumpster" (provided by our trash service) and have it hauled away? Do we need to put it in sealed contracter bags or can it just be shoveled in? (We experimented with and the bags broke half full!)I consider it a health hazard at this point as I'm expecting a newborn baby in a few months and I'm on a very tight budget on how to a. get rid of it and b. where to. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (8)