SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluebirdie_gw

When may be the right time to sow Malabar Spinach and Culantro?

bluebirdie
14 years ago

Can someone who planted malabar spinach and culantro let me know when do they usually sprout for you and at what temperature were they sown with success?

I asked this question in another forum by mistake since these two probably would get more interests in the Asian Vegetables Forum. I got some help at the other forum but would appreciate more information before I use up all my seeds from the packages for testing. Here's the abstract of my question:

This year I got almost 100% germination on all the seeds I started with the wet towel method, except for Malabar Spinach (red vine) and Culantro (Eryngo). So far, zero germination after almost one month. The seeds were all in the frig for a few weeks, then went into the wet towel. The wel towel with seeds were then placed in sandwich boxes with clear lid, on top of the furnance which maintains about 70F.

For half of the malabar seeds, I also tried scratching their hard shells. Neither the original seeds nor the scratched ones germinated. I tried both light (green house window) and no light (furnace room) and no luck.

>>>

Any help is appreciated!

Comments (10)

Sponsored