SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverwind_gw

'gothy' garden... Potential suggestions?

silverwind
16 years ago

Ok, so I'd agreed to give my husband one side of the garage to have odd things. :)

(Not that I mind them particularly myself.)

He adores black and green, I love purple and we both like silver tones, so it's going to be a weird mix.

It gets morning and midday sun, sometimes dappled, then late afternoon and evening shade.

(If I post it as black, it either is or it's as close as it'll get. I know they're not exact.)

We've got:

black violas

Cerinthe "purple bells"

black hollyhocks

Columbine "black barlow"

Echinops Ritro

Lamium "Anne Greenaway"

and late this year I'll probably transplant the darkest tulips from that bed into his. *shrug*

I think I'll fill in the lowest blank spots with white alyssum. And I *might* interplant a little tiny bit of cerastium for more contrast.

I know some like more sun/shade than others, but I'll be able to hide shade plants behind the sun ones, I think. The garage is oriented strangely, otherwise I don't think I could get away with it.

Anyway.. I managed to WS the cerinthe and hollyhocks All By Myself! :) And a few others were previous purchases, with this intent.

Can anyone suggest anything I might of missed? He likes the dark things and anything "weird" looking. (*sigh*) I have lots of jugs left I could plant this season, if I get moving. :D Or I'll happily take criticism of this mess, although I've already heard about how invasive some of this can get. Quite frankly, I just want that blasted wall covered. ^_^

Comments (22)

Sponsored