SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

re-pot and ID help please

Hi Everyone! Well I have been putting this off and finally this morning we took 8 bulbs out of a 10" pot and we were only able to separate 2 of the bulbs. The rest are locked together like a klister and I don't have the heart to take a knife to this bunch. The bulbs all look good all nice and round and not really pressing too much on one another. In the center if you can see one small bulb split in two like some of you have experienced. I am going to take the lazy way out and re-pot the group in the same 10" pot, worry about it another year, and give the other two away. My question is, do any of you think that this is 'Carmen' or 'Orange Sovereign'? I've had this bulb for over 10 years and it multiplies like rabbits and alway gives 2 or 3 stalks with 4 or 5 flowers and the flowers are over 6" wide. The pictures are more orange than the actual flower, being more like the color of the bird the Cardinal, an orangy red but definitely a lot of red. I always called it Cardinal Red, but last year I bought my father a 'Carmen' and thought it looked like it, but this year I'm not so sure. Then, I thought it might be 'Orange Sovereign', bought another one, ended up with 2 through mislabels and they are both much lighter in color and texture than the old one. if you look at the pictures from last year, maybe some of you have some opinions.
{{gwi:375611}}From AMARYLLIS BLOSSOMS BY DONNA D.
{{gwi:375612}}From AMARYLLIS BLOSSOMS BY DONNA D.

I discovered a bublet growing directly on the bottom of the basil plate, is that normal(?), I guess I'll just leave it there......
{{gwi:383023}}From AMARYLLIS BLOSSOMS BY DONNA D.

and here are pictures or last year's flowers........
{{gwi:383024}}From AMARYLLIS BLOSSOMS BY DONNA D.
{{gwi:375609}}From AMARYLLIS BLOSSOMS BY DONNA D.

{{gwi:383025}}From AMARYLLIS BLOSSOMS BY DONNA D.

I would appreciate any opinions any of you might have, Thanks, Donna

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions