SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oath5

What's your dream wishlist 2008?

oath5
16 years ago

I have a bit of a cold going on right now, so to help pass the time I compiled a list of candidates for 2008 purchases. I already put in an order with AshdownÂs for a spring delivery of the reblooming r. palustris and I plan to get the normal variety when I visit NickÂs Heritage Rosarium in May, along with whatever else entices me while IÂm there (that should be so much fun!). ItÂs quite funny, as much as I want to scale down and be modest and NOT buy anything; it's so easy to pine over so many things! Unfortunately I think I pine over the warm zone roses a bit too much. Anyway, to chase away some winter blues and my head cold, I'd like to know; whatÂs YOUR dream wish list for spring 2008? Feel free to include rose companions and other shrubs and flowers too! Don't be modest, post ones you want, not necessarily plan on buying! Children can be rather creative with their Christmas lists, but that doesnÂt mean they get everything they ask for, right? Otherwise most girls everywhere would have a pony.....

My dream wish list goes as follows:

r. palustris nonreblooming

Bengal Fire or Sanguinea

Empress Joséphine

Arethusa

Smith's Parish

Conditorum

Old Blush

Alika

Wax Rose

Buff Beauty

Comtesse du Cayla

Baltimore Belle

Rose de Rescht

Cécile Brunner

Agatha Francofurtana

r. hugonis

White Pearl in Red Dragon's Mouth

I'm sure there are others I missed- probably the more practical ones too.....

For other plants and rose companions, IÂm trying to balance a nice ratio of unusual native plants with that of a cottage garden so I can feel good about restoring the area. I was very impressed with our cup-plant and downy sunflowers this year, so I want more from each family!

Helianthus laetiflorus  Showy Sunflower

Echinacea pallida  Pale Purple Coneflower

Parthenium integrifolium  Wild Quinine

Andropogon gerardi  Big Bluestem

Schizachyrium scoparium- Little Bluestem

Silphium laciniatum  Compassplant

Helenium autumnale  Dogtooth Daisy

Silphium terebinthinaceum  Prairie dock

Silphium integrifolium - Rosinweed

Hendersonii clematis ( or any other clematis- any suggestions?)

Poncirus trifoliata 'Flying Dragon' trifoliate orange

Some sort of disease resistant grape vine for an old swing-set (any ideas Mid-Atlantic brethren?)

And if my hardy camellia survives the winter ( It's currently laughing off the cold)= MORE CAMELLIAS

What about you guys, whatÂs on your minds for 2008?

- Max

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH