SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Misc chatter, photos, Minerva, cacti and Kitty's kids

I AM SO GLAD TO BE HOME!!! I love my friend, but it's always great to be home, with my "routine" and the dogs...AND MY HIPPIS...I missed them! Laguna Beach was a great day trip for lunch and a stroll. That's where I learned to scuba dive. I was 28 and going to Australia for a month. Last big "hurrah" before planning a wedding...that never happened. If you ever go to Laguna...dinner at the Beach House or Breakfast at the White House are a must. OR...stop on PCH for a date shake...YUM!!!

So...Minerva greeted me this morning with a great big smile! I love this bloom and am so thrilled that this one is true to form, unlike the puny HD bulbs that sent up short scapes and faded blooms. Larissa, hope the second scape of your Minerva is better.

{{gwi:372101}}

Isn't she lovely!! :-)

{{gwi:372102}}

Now...recall how I asked all those questions about lights? Well, here's the resulting set-up. Small for starters, but with plans to expand. I really am going to order the greenhouse, but am surveying the backyard for sun exposure and space. Right now this fills the bill, but when the seeds start coming, I'll be in trouble!

{{gwi:372103}}

Here are the babies that Kitty sent (4 pots of little seedlings). They are doing well. The big seedlings under the lights seemed to be about this size just 4 months ago. They are all from seeds planted early summer 08.

{{gwi:372104}}

And here are the cacti babies that Larissa sent for the Vera trade. The mystery bulbs (H. Larissa) are in the background and doing well. Waiting for a scape!

{{gwi:372105}}

Larissa, my Vera was struggling only because the sheath of the bud was rigid and didn't allow the blooms to "fall" horizontally, so they were restricted and forced into unnatural positions. The poor middle bloom was smushed by the 2 outer blooms, and the 4th bloom was straight up behind them all!

Oh...here's the "torture" photo. I was "forced" by 9-year olds to play "Guitar Hero". I was concentrating so hard...and they said I did "OK" for a first time! MAN...the things we do for kids! Two glasses of wine helped!

{{gwi:372106}}

It's too bad that this game doesn't teach kids how to really play the guitar. At least it kept them occupied and didn't involve car theft or shooting people!

:-)

K

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions