SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stage_rat

An idea for a wintersowing contest

stage_rat
15 years ago

So what do y'all think of this idea:

There are 2 sites I know of that could be great for showing new wintersowers our techniques, things we often get questions about as people start sowing or planting out. One is YouTube, and the other is Instructables. If any of you remember Monty's excellent photos and instructions, most or all of which have dropped off of Gardenweb, the Instructables site looks like he could have founded it. Youtube offers video, which can be helpful in showing action, something such as sliding out and breaking apart a container of seedlings, or squeezing a top on a container. Instructables is just photos and descriptions, which loads faster, and is static so you can study the photo and reread the description as necessary.

The contest part of it, to offer a carrot and get lots of people to make these videos and Instructables: I'm not sure how to tally the votes, but there could be a gold, silver and bronze for each of the sites, or even categories on each site. The winners would get to choose seeds from my collection (and I have a lot unlisted, so having things on your Wants list will help a lot). Something like 20 packs for gold, and so on.

Does anyone else think this would be a fun and useful thing to do? Any observations or ideas to add?

Oh, and sorry, lgs, maybe you were excited to think the contest was about doing the most jugs :) You're definitely the winner there, zone Lynda!

Comment (1)

Sponsored