SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pocketsquirrel69

My Martin Heirloom's Pictures

pocketsquirrel69
18 years ago

Hi Folks & Martin,

I've posted pictures of my garlic on web, it can be viewed at the following link:

http://photos.yahoo.com/mcjsautio@rogers.com

What you will see is 2 inch bulbs, they are from a spring planting of bulbils. I cheated a bit, by starting the bulbils indoors in peat pots around the beginning of March. I figured this would give them a good jump in the garden and it certainly did. I used no fertilizer and the only thing I added to the soil in the garden was some composted manure. The garden was over-run with weeds once or twice this summer which may have slowed their growth a little.

Along with the Martin's Heirloom, I also planted 7 other varieties of garlic, none of them prospered as well as the martin's and most of them were planted from large cloves. I definitely think that the martin's thrives in this zone and I plan on only planting martin's this year, in hopes that I can share with other gardeners in my area.

Overall I am pretty happy with the success of this season. Enjoy the pics.

later folks,

Matti

P.S/By the way, this is the first time I've posted pictures at this link...if you can't access the pictures, please let me know.

Comments (6)