SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedthumb

Is my creating a rock garden a pipe dream?

WeedThumb
19 years ago

Hi, I originally came to this website looking for morning glory and chickweed removal tips (before I install a rock garden on a slight slope in my backyard). Now, I'm not even sure if I have morning glory, or bindweed. All I know is that it has taken over our property, and appears to be weed-pulling and roundup proof.

My question is this: Does anyone have any quick tips for planning and installing a rock garden on a slope that is weed resistant, and discourages morning glory, bindweed, ivy, or any other stray weeds from getting a stronghold?

My plan was to use roundup, hard rake off the debris, water it to bring up the weeds, hit it again with roundup, then haul in some sand, loam and pea gravel and then some nifty rocks. Then, plant clusters of appropriate plants randomly throughout the slope.

The more I research, the more overwhelmed I feel. Since planning, planning, planning seems to be key, does anyone have a checklist or advice for pulling this off and keeping it from becoming a pipedream of mine? THANKS for reading.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County