SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evenie

Question about Lady of Shalott

Evenie
10 years ago

I know I've been trolling these forums pretty heavily today, but the weather is foul and I'm writing a script that is taking forever to run. Programming is incredibly dull sometimes, but it gives me a lot of time to brainstorm. I was thinking that I want to dig up my Plumeria before January comes and put it in a pot. It is in a spot that would be prime territory for a nice climber. I need a vibrant color, but not on the cool side since it will be near to a door that will soon be painted brick red. The lady across the street has a monster Crepescule on an eastern exposure, but it kept blooming through August and looked downright awful. Does anyone know if Lady of Shalott stops blooming in extreme heat? The one little Wenlock (I think) that I've got didn't bloom when the heat came, but kept very nice foliage and I'd like something with similar behavior. I know LOS isn't marketed as a climber, but I remember reading somewhere that she would climb in the deep south. Graham Thomas would be nice as well, or perhaps Teasing Georgia.

Comments (3)