SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwiehn

DA Rose Bed Edging Question

marcindy
11 years ago

I am planning to replant my rose garden. It has four quadrants with a little fountain in the center, cross-like grass path separating the four beds. All four beds are edged on the outside with a 2' high boxwood hedge. On the inside bordering the lawn pathway I was going to plant a low hedge of lavender, or a similar smaller edger. However, after looking at some pictures of DA roses I found several of varieties that are lower growing and more importantly seem full all around. They seem to be covered with leaves and flowers all the way to the ground and would make perfect edging roses. An example would be Munstead Wood or Harlow Carr (although that one is taller than I would like for the front of a rose bed). For those of you who have grown DA roses, is that really the case, or were these rose bushes simply pruned to be covered all around and to show "bare legs" so to speak? Any varieties that seem particularly suitable for that kind of position? Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.
Marc

Comments (6)