SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beebiz1960

Garlic and Bloosqualls Garlic Farm...

beebiz1960
13 years ago

Though I'm 50 and have gardened all my life, I have never grown any of my own garlic. I decided to rectify that this year!! ;>)

After reading lots of good information on this site and others about garlic and growing it, I decided I wanted to try some soft neck garlic varieties. Based on what I'd read, I figured they would be easy for me to grow as a first timer and should do well here in West Tennessee. So, I began my search for a garlic supplier.

As I was reading a post on this site one evening, I saw a mention of a place called Bloosqualls Garlic Farm. There was no link. But, I was intrigued. I easily found it via a quick Google search.

After reading almost everything on the site, I contacted Travis (owner and operator of Bloosqualls Garlic Farm) with some questions. Travis was very kind and eager to answer all of my questions.

Incidentally, Travis is a member of Garden Web and frequents this forum! He is appropriately known simply as bloosquall.

I placed an order for 3 varieties of garlic from Bloosqualls Garlic Farm. They were Inchelium Red, Nootka Rose, and Lorz Italian. Travis shipped the garlic the day after he got my payment. And, I received my garlic only 3 days after he shipped it (Washington state to West Tennessee)!

When I received the garlic, I instinctively shook it lightly. There were absolutely no sounds of anything rattling or rolling around in the box.

When I opened the box, I found that Travis had put a good layer of balls of newspaper in the bottom, individual varieties were labeled in separate paper sacks, and another layer of balls of newspaper on top of the sacks.

I inspected each and every bulb. All were good sized bulbs... no "runts" in the bunch! All were very clean and in excellent condition. There were none that were shriveled, damp, or showed any signs of moisture. And, being that it was so well packaged, the garlic showed no signs of being damaged or bruised during shipment!

In all, I would say that my experience with Travis and Bloosqualls Garlic Farm was EXCELLENT!!!

All of this is important to seasoned growers. But, it may even be a tad more important to newcomers like me. It ensures that we have one less thing to hinder our first time success. And, we can find a good mentor in Travis!!!

In closing, based on my experience with Bloosqualls Garlic Farm, I highly recommend him. And, I will do business with him again!!!

Robert

Comments (13)