SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolkcmo_5

OT: Nasty Neighbor - Round 2

carolkcmo_5
17 years ago

I am the one who was cited via nasty neighbor for having trash in yard (wintersowing). I called city inspector who was supposed to come out (after sending the nasty notice that threatened jail and fine) and who then would not come out - he just left me hanging.

My privacy fence is set 18 inches from property line. My nasty neighbor decided to put a fence in his yard to keep in his dog. I saw the posts, and found 2 in my yard. I visited him and his fence people, explained the 18" easement of fence, told them no way could they put posts in my yard. They all agreed and had already found the property marker (in one of the post holes). I said he could tie to my fence if the 2 portions were easily removable and were not set in posts on my side. We still had to go to other side for maintenance. Thought I was being nice.

Next day, found the 2 holes in my yard with posts set in concrete. Used blue paint, marked them with signs. Went to his front door, no answer, but he does not work. Called police, city hall, lousy inspector for advice and help. Hah! They basically told me to deal with him or go to court. Some tax paid help here.

I typed a note, made copies, placed one in baggie - taped to one post, went to door again, rang again, no answer again, went to mailbaox and left note. Neighbor comes outside. Wants to know what is wrong.

I said no posts and he had agreed. He said he needed the posts. I said no posts and no attachments. He said he would attach without a post. I said no attachments. He said that he did not like me. I just smiled.

Geee, wish he had tried this when I first started to quit smoking. I am almost civil now. Wish he had when the nicotine craving was really really really .....

I heard loud noises - not sure what - found the 2 posts out of the concrete. Not sure how he did that. I took pictures of the posts on the ground, the empty post holes, the 18 inch sign, the whole area. If I have to go to court, I will start smoking again, then try to quit. ;)

Stupid nasty neighbor. I did try to be nice at my expense, and look where it got me. Stupid man..

Carol - still off nicotine and not yet on alcohol.

Comments (11)

Sponsored