SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andi956

Free *big* limestone rocks-what to do with them?

andi956
17 years ago

Hi All,

Happy Easter (if you celebrate it).

I am writing in a hurry...someone on Craigslist posted that they have several tons of limestone rocks. I went over and sure enough they do. Now, they recommended a bobcat but it's just me, my hands, and my Honda civic! I've tried looking online for rock garden photos but it seems most folks are using little stone (baseball size) or flat ones for retaining walls. We hope, eventually, to add a "Japanese garden" in the back of the house --behind a fence. What's there now is the start of a cottage garden--or at the least a happy thing with flowers.

I think my fiance will kill me if I try to bring in more stones--he already thinks I'm nuts.

Can anyone recommend websites or share photos of what you've done with big rocks? Some of them were a bear to get into my car--but manageable with leverage! I'd say some are a 12" long by 10" high x 10-12" wide. So...not huge, dramatic "billboard" types...but the size where you'd hold out your arms to hug someone. (Are you laughing at these descriptions!)

I hope I haven't taken too many with nothing to do with them.

We have almost no landscaping so I thought I could plop a few here or there into the beds for "structural" interest.

Brand new to rocks and trying it on the fly while the rocks are free!

Thanks (and my apologies if this is somewhere online and I haven't found it yet)

Comments (8)

Sponsored