SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sagebrushred

How do you label?

sagebrushred
18 years ago

I've never given much thought as to how to keep my plants labeled until this year as I was collecting seed. To date I've been using the little white tags that come with the plants I purchase and the white labels I use to keep track of the seeds I start.

Beyond being unsightly (in my opionon) these labels break and the print fades with time. As I enter my 3rd year in establishing a rock garden I want to keep my plants labeled but want something that doesn't distract from the plant(s), or the overall aesthetics of the garden.

I'm considering some type of metal label that can be embosed/etched with the name and layed flat on the ground and affixed/secured with something like the earth staples/stakes that are used with landscape fabric.

Anybody using something similar to this? Or perhaps something that may work better. Needing ideas here and any suggestions and advice would be great.

Another thought I had, has to do with the type of rock garden that one creates. There seem to be as many variations of a rock garden as there are gardeners. Is one type of label appropriate/useful for all gardens or are there some that work better in one type as opposed to another. Throw in variations in climate and well... you get the picture.

Very curious to hear what you all use.

Allyson

Comments (20)

Sponsored