SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
renarhod

Leek caps make great photo op

renarhod
18 years ago

This forum is the greatest. People are so happy and inspiring. I just love alliums. Don't know what it is about the flowering globes but they are enchanting.

Today I took the camera out to the kitchen garden and took closeups of the blue solais leeks with their little caps resting on top that look like hats against a backdrop of green potato plants and golden hops.

As I zoomed in on the globes with their caps, that have such character, sitting at those jaunty angles, I realized I needed a fairy or two to perch on their heads and wear those caps! That inspired me to then take more close up pics of the leeks and their caps to paint in watercolor with fairies. I then roamed the garden looking for more "fairy plant" opportunities. It made me look at the garden in a new way. Not just for harvesting, cooking and crafts but for art opportunities. So much creativity in a garden!

Love this time of year to just enjoy the garden and look for creative opportunities like that. One of the best days I spent in the garden yet this summer. Love those leek hats.

Comment (1)