SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dana5a

your opinion on Brownell rose,Tip toes and Old korbel gold,please

dana5a
14 years ago

I have planted Maria stern this summer and have other roses (break o day,Dr Brownell,Helen Haynes,and curly pink)in the series on my wish list .Vintage has Tip toes on their current list and I have added it to my order along with Old Korbel Gold. Tip toes blooms are supposed to have same coloration as Helen Haynes and is supposed to be fragrant .I picked korbel gold based on the pictures and description on HMF and I hope to hear good things about these two roses .Any ideas about these two roses are welcome.(I hope no one will strongly recommend other roses on the vintage list.)

Dana

Comments (2)

• celeste/NH
    14 years ago

I had Tip Toes but had to shovel-prune it due to lack of vigor ownroot. I liked it so I gave it several years, but
    I haven't had much luck growing Brownell roses here in zone 4 as ownroots. They just never build up in size and struggle. I have a few left that are ownroot and a few grafted Brownells. However, some of the grafted ones had Rose Mosaic Virus and slowly declined. It didn't have the yellows that Helen Hayes had but it was pretty.

Hopefully you will have better luck!

Celeste

{{gwi:337332}}

• dana5a
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Celeste-Iam sorry about being late in thanking you for responding.I have been dealing with flu at home.When an experienced gardener from colder zone didn't have the luck with a particular rose, then the odds of me having luck with it are less .I replaced tip toes with polynesian sunset on the vintage order.I hope it turns out to be a good one .Thanks for responding to the post.
    Dana