SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agirlsgirl

Another sprout report!! :)

agirlsgirl
16 years ago

These are the latest of my sprouts! This just keeps getting better and better! I did have some boo boo's though, I found a couple radical roots from my Green Hollyhocks, must have been frozen to the point of no return, all that was left was a set of leaves and a fried looking root!:( Doubt it was sun, because it hasn't been that hot yet and they are in part shade, anyone else experience this before, any idea of the cause? I am glad there are a few more in there that are fine!:)

OK so here is what I have sprouting as of yesterday, I checked today and nothing else, just these, seems like it is an every other day occurrence!

Plant name/date sown

Silene,white w/pink eye 1/28

Yellow Prairie Coneflower 2/20

Feverfew,'Rotary' 2/26

Shasta Daisy,unknown 2/26

Verbascum,'Milkshake' 2/26

Mexican Hats 2/24

Foxglove,Cream 1/26

Yarrow,red 1/30

Hollyhock,'Indian Springs',pink 1/30

Hollyhock,'Peaches & Dreams' 1/30

Hollyhock,green 1/30

Knautia,'Burgundy Wine' 2/26

Sea Holly,'Blue Cap' 2/26

Ratiba Columnifera,'03 seed 2/4

Lynchis,'Angel Blush' 2/4

Hollyhock,Maroon 1/30

Hollyhock,white 1/30

Musk Mallow,pink 1/30

Sidalcea,'Rosanna' 2/4

Dianthus,dark purple 1/21

Veronica,unknown 1/30

Gloriosa Daisy 1/28

I hope no one minds I keep posting every time I find sprouts, but I really want to share my results, hopefully this information will make a difference for someone else. I love threads announcing sprouts, not only do they cheer me up, but are and have been very helpful to me!

Tomorrow I will start back up on my annual/veggie containers!:D

Things are moving along a lot faster since I took the advice a few of you gave on using soldering guns to poke holes! Wow! I am flying through those babies!

I also learned 3 pieces of duct tape ARE plenty to tape a jug closed! In the beginning I went all the way around the container, because I was afraid 3 pieces wouldn't hold, somewhere around container 50, I changed my mind!;) I am glad I listened to reason , because after wrestling a few of them open, I will never do that again! You need some real muscle to get that stuff off!

I wish I would have collected more alyssum seed, I only have one aluminum pan with them sown in it, and would have liked at least 3, but that's ok, I will have a better plan next year, not so helter skelter!

I am so impressed with the results already, some of my babies from last week, are growing and looking good! I cant wait to see them as full grown plants! I am hoping there will be more to report in the next couple days!

~Angie :)

Oh and I asked this question before, but I don't think anyone seen it ,or they had no clue to an answer, but how and when do we turn our data into wintersown.org? Is there somewhere on the site I am missing?

Comments (10)

Sponsored