SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherry_roma

Guess what? I wasn't watering enough.

sherryocala
14 years ago

You all were right. I knew you were never wrong, but I couldn't believe I wasn't watering enough. I thought I was watering a lot - just not everyday. Starting Wednesday when we had a good rain during the night, I've been watering every evening with the hose by hand. It takes me about 2 hours. Saturday I could see a difference - new growth on many plants. (Even some of the azaleas are showing buds.) Amazingly, Carnation, who I had watered generously on Friday, had a few new buds, but they were drooping over, limp. So I watered it heavy as I was planting nearby, and it perked up. I couldn't believe it had dried out that fast. Not only is there new growth, but today there are lots of big leaves. This winter I'm going to get my drip system in, and hopefully, we won't have strokes when the water bill comes. I heard today that Ocala has the highest utility rates in Florida. Ha!

Even Mons Tillier has big leaves, and you almost can't see through him anymore. Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to have some beautiful rose bushes. Now the question: what if I have to reduce the numbers to afford the water bill?

Sherry

Comments (19)