SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hartwood_gw

The End of the Season ... sigh.

14 years ago

I went out with my pruners yesterday morning, hoping to find roses to cut to take to my mother for Thanksgiving. It has been rainy and cold here for the past 3 days ... during my absence from the garden during the rain, the roses went away. I walked the whole garden, and there wasn't a single rose out there worth cutting. It's always a bit sad when I realize that garden season is finished for the year.

I got a new computer earlier this week ... laptop, this time. My old one is making awful noises, and it's WAY past time for it to be retired. I was organizing my photo files, preparing to transfer them to the new computer, and pulling some for my weekly Flowers on Friday entry for my garden blog. As I edited and organized my photos, I realized that I will have to satisfy my gardening urges through the winter with photos of my roses from summer.

In case there are some of you who are also missing the roses of summer, here are a few of my favorite photos of my ramblers.

{{gwi:321238}}

Paul Transon

{{gwi:321239}}

Gardenia

{{gwi:321240}}

Henri Barruet

If you're interested in seeing the rest of the photos, you can find them on this morning's blog entry. I didn't post too many of them here, out of respect (and sympathy) for our friends who have dial-up.

Happy Black Friday, Everyone.

Connie

Here is a link that might be useful: blog photos

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022