SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eken9966

When talking doesn't help?

eken9966
18 years ago

Please don't read this if you don't want to hear me complain about my neighbors; I just need to vent.

The neighbors next door are just about to RUN ME CRAZY! Every time I step around the corner of the house, here they come. And it is always at least a 30 minute conversation. Yesterday, I was doing some fiberglass repairs on my boat (requires speed and concentration) when he came out and tried to chit chat. He got huffy and walked off because I didn't stop to talk with him, but he was right back out there this morning as I did my coffee/cigarette/quiet-time walk about the garden. He actually wasn't outside until he saw me, but he timed it so that he stepped out of his side door just as I arrived in that area. Since I have been hiding from them, the wife has taken to calling on the phone 2-3 times a day. I don't answer any more.

I probably wouldn't be so upset, but for the fact that I just had a conversation with his wife on Monday, telling her just how I felt about being cornered everytime I walk out of my house. These people are driving me crazy. It is starting to feel like I am being stalked!

A privacy fence won't work as their deck is about twelve feet off the ground (lots slope steeply to the rear) and I don't think I can wait for the hedge I have planted to reach that height. So I thought I'd just take it out on y'all. The only funny thing about the whole situation is that since I figured out that he was watching me, I go out to the back yard, make some noise so he'll be sure to see me, and then take off back around the corner. Of course, he comes out, can't find me, and then just mills around for a minute before he goes back inside. Sometimes we play this game a couple of times a day.

Anybody have any ideas about how to handle these people short of a court injunction? Talking to them hasn't worked, but talking about it to y'all has. Thanks for listening.

Ken

Comments (15)

Sponsored