SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ebardawil

Superior Fragrance, Superior Roses

ebardawil
11 years ago

This summer I became very interested in roses. By the end of the summer I accumulated a collection of about 30.

There were three qualification for making what I consider to be a very exclusive list; Hardiness (with a few years of indoor growing conditions to get established if necessary), Fragrance, and Reputation . My wife is from Iran, so many of the roses were bought in an attempt to create the scents of Iran in our garden i.e. the Damask and Musk fragrance (which is the only place where I took 'risk' with modern roses that have not gone through the scrupulus competition of rose success). I would love to hear your critiques of my list as I feel I will benefit immensely from it . Before the summer started I knew nothing of roses, but by reading these forums along with borrowing rose books from my local botanical garden I have concluded with a summer of fun and obsessive research.

(Sorry for Spelling)

GALLICA: Belle de Cercy

DAMESCENA: Kazanlik, Ispahan, MMe Hardy, Autumn Damask

CENTIFOLIA: Centifolia sp (Cabbage Rose)

ALBA: Maiden's Blush, Felicity Parmentier

MUSK: Rosa Moschata, Nastarana

BOURBON: Souvenir de la Malmaison, MMe Isaac Pereire

HYBRID PERPETUAL: Reine Des Violettes, Baronne Provost, Duchesse de Rohan, Pierre Notting

PORTLAND: Portland from Glendora, Compte de Chambord

NOISETTE: Blush Noisette

TEA: Lady Hillington Climbing

TEA NOISETTE: Gloire De Dijon

HYBRID RUGOSA: Blanc Double De Coubert, Roseria del Hay

HYBRID SPINOSSIMA: Stanwell Perpetual

HYBRID MUSK: Secret Garden Musk Climber, Matchball, Reverend Seidel

HYBRID TEA: September Morn, Climbing Crimson Glory

As I've mentioned, I would love to hear your comments, trials and tribulations with any of these roses in Denver zone 5b-6, and anything else you have to say. Cheers, Eric

Comments (11)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm