SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
creolekitten

Kind of OffTopic --- Got raccoons, need help

CreoleKitten
19 years ago

Hi everyone,

You know those adorable little raccoons you see on TV? Well, they aren't so great when they live on your property and move your garbage cans, and land like paratroopers on your roof at night and beat up your 65 pound dogs.

Does anyone here know who I can call in Jefferson Co. for help? I can't shoot them (like I was told to do back in Louisiana), which I personally wouldn't do even if I had the time or talent. A neightbor tried a Hav-a-Heart Trap once before, but all we caught were our own cats.

Does the Health Dept. or any of the gov agencies have a rabies baiting system at least? (I heard of one county that tried if a few years ago, but don't remember which.) If they can't be relocated, I'd at least like to find out about the rabies baits since my large dogs keep getting in fights with them.

Is there any sort of Wild Animal Control agency or would I have to call a pest contol company?

Or can anyone direct me someplace else to look/ask for help? We've been able to hear and see them mating this past week, so I think our little problem is going to get a lot worse.

I'd like to get out and work in my beds, but I'm tired of finding 'coon, opposum and cat poo everywhere. I prefer sanitized fertilizer.

Thanks!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company