SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurenhayes7714

What are my options if RRD destroys all my roses?

Lauren Hayes
9 years ago

I've gone through all the stages of grief with my beloved roses. I had lost climbing pinkie last year to RRD and this summer I have symptoms on my ducher, souvenir de Pierre notting, clotilde soupert, mrs Dudley cross, and two knockouts. I had ripped out two and was watching the others and seeing symptoms again on clotilde. I have only been gardening 5 years and had dived in head first with OGRs , and I had just planted a magnificent bed along my neighbors fence this summer before my first baby was born filled with multiple cochet roses and Gilbert nabonnand and general gallieni and a few from vintage gardens before they closed; so far they are all healthy but at this point I'm giving up on buying anymore and I will need plants to fill in these empty spots, but what plant comes close to an OGR? I love all the bee and butterfly plants but what can compete with my roses?
Gardening is soul cleansing for me and if anyone has any recommendations from a similar situation on what plantings I could fill my garden with I would appreciate it. I'm in Chattanooga.
RRD is so evil , taking away the history and beauty that I love so much.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths