SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

Beautiful San Diego

I visited San Diego last week. My daughter who is just fine right now, was in the hospital for a total of 8 days. That is too long for me to stay away.

I stayed in a hotel where I could visit her daily, and once she left we visited the city. During her hospital stay she had to walk a lot, so she tried to show me the city through all the different windows.

It is dry. I do not know exactly who on this forum is in San Diego, I just see your zone numbers, but the water restrictions are horrible. We saw the Marston House gardens, then I chose the harbor rather than the rest of Balboa Park. (My stay was almost over, and we needed to make choices.) A tree on the Marston House property was so dry, just like so much vegetation. It was sad.

The harbor and the ships are impressive, but the parking is outrageous. Who walks around with a pocket or purse full of quarters? Eight quarters an hour??? But the food at the harbor is great.We ended up eating there the two nights that she was out of the hospital.

I could have joined in with the other threads about California, but I did not even want to see the gardens at Balboa Park, thinking that their condition would be very sad. Truly the city is beautiful. The people are nice, and the hospital was very nice. My hotel was a set of suites that are very nice and each has a kitchen. It became pretty easy to buy food in the hospital cafeteria and keep it in the room.

I do hope San Diego and all the other cities get rain before too long. I also hope that none of you are around the fires.

Good luck in getting the rains that you really need and deserve.

Sammy

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz