SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turbodogg98

my compost pile

turbodogg98
15 years ago

since i dont really know how to post pictures. im just gonna have to tell everyone how big my pile is. it is 12 feet long 10 feet wide and over 5 feet deep. i guess ive got the right mixture of green and brown. i only have to go down about 5 inches and its steaming real good. of course ive also got about 18 pumpkins in the pile to go along with evrything else. i do not turn my pile since i see no need to. we are talking about a bunch of leaves and other recycables. if it will compost its going in the pile. most folks would be surprised to know how much stuff you can chunk into a compost pile. i would like to think that my pile is all natural. my wife thinks i go too far but that will change when i grow her some hot peppers in the compost. when i pot my angel trumpets they are always planted in compost. thats my other wintertime hobby. ive got about 300 of those in the garage. the days i dont do compost i do flowers. needless to say im pretty busy. well folks have a good one david goode

Comments (2)