SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Texas and Roses

sara_ann-z6bok
9 years ago

I know Texas is a big state and covers a lot of territory, so I'm sure the rose growing conditions vary a lot, according to what part of the state you live in. I am curious if there are some parts where roses do especially well? I have been wondering for awhile and my interest was peaked the other evening when I was looking on Help Me Find at a particular variety, when one picture especially caught my eye. The lady who had posted it is from Texas and she is also an exhibitor, it stated. I decided to look at all of her pictures. She has posted some of the most beautiful pictures and her roses all looked so perfect. I know it is human nature for us to show our roses at their best, and there is also photo shop, which I'm sure helps, but she also had a couple of garden shots with them all on display and the blooms all looked healthy and large and all the bushes looked very vigorous, so I'm guessing those roses were probably every bit as pretty as the pictures showed. I guess because of Oklahoma's proximity to Texas and the fact that I have lots of family there and roses seem to be a big business there, I've wondered how Texas fares for rose growing as compared to some other places that I know are much more ideal than where I live.

Comments (11)