SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amelie325

Other Rose Companion Colors for Red Roses

amelie325
10 years ago

What are your favorite or preferred rose color combo's for red roses? Do you blend with colors with similar tone's in the red? Do you contrast or compliment? Do these preferences change based on the undertones of the red rose (i.e., bluish, violet, orange, etc)? Or is it "anything goes"? I have a hard time pairing other non-red roses with red ones, especially, perhaps, because all my other roses are dewy blushy colors. Bold reds have a tendency jar my sensibilities a bit too much.

I personally only have one red (HT :/ ) rose already planted from previous owners. It is lonely and in the style of HT's, a bit bare legged. It's red, but ages deeply pink (more like a deep fuchsia), with dark pink undertones. It's not my favorite shade of red (I like darker, violet toned ones better and orange undertones least of all), but it smells so lovely I'm loath to sp it. I'm adding more roses along a bed to one side of it and am having a difficult time envisioning a rose (or 2 or 3 ) around the front and to the side of it.

So, how to you swaddle other rose colors with red roses?

Comments (6)