SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosariumrob

Crepuscule?

RosariumRob
16 years ago

Many of my climbing roses are unfortunately infected a lot by blackspot this year. Most of them were good when they were younger, but now the infection starts sooner every year and defoliation is getting worse. Only New Dawn and Sombreuil are still very healthy. The others, Compassion, Polka, Papi Delbard, Eden Rose and Abraham Darby (which does great in the front garden) are going to be replaced.

Blackspot is not the only reason, though. I like my roses to be big and rambly, not stiff and upright like Eden or Polka. I remember reading a lot about Crepuscule. It seems to be a very good rose. However I am hesistant. First, I had another tea noisette, Gloire de Dijon, and it was an absolute BS magnet. Second, our summers are temperate and sometimes wet (lot's of rainy days), so I need a rose that doesn't ball. Third, our winters have been mild the past couple of years, but sometimes we have temperature swings in early spring: very cold at night and then relatively hot the day after. Once we had a night of -4 F and a day of 68F.

So what do you think, would you recommed Crepuscule?

Rob

Comments (13)