SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly_gw

Gardens in Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine?

rosefolly
10 years ago

Along with two of my sisters, I will be driving through New England in the middle of September. We will mostly be visiting relatives. Both my parents came from people in this part of the country.

Unfortunately we won't have time to take too many side trips, nor do I want to try the patience of the non-gardening sister too far. However I would not seeing a couple of gardens along the way if we would be passing close by already. Our route will take us across southern Vermont and New Hampshire, then over to the coast of Maine, then north to the Bangor area. The non-gardening sister has already found for us the Coastal Maine Botanic Gardens to visit in Boothbay Harbor. Maybe that is enough; it does look quite wonderful. But if there is another not-to-be-missed place just a few miles off our route, I'd like the chance to think about stopping.

BTW, I will be finishing up the trip planting flowering shrubs in the back yard of the non-gardening sister, who has recently moved to a new house. Up close to the house I'm planting a couple of polyanthas, 'Lullaby' and 'Little White Pet', so this post even has roses in it.

Any suggestions of places to visit?

Rosefolly

This post was edited by rosefolly on Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 12:35

Comments (3)