SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilium_guy56

moving perennials

lilium_guy56
17 years ago

I am moving from upper New York to West Virginia. Central west part of W.V. I have the following flowers which I want to move with me: prized Liliums (over 1000), Tulips, Hyacith, shasta Daisy, tea Roses, German bearded Irises (over 100), Siberian Iris, Red Hot Pokers, Daylilies, Hosta. The problem is the time of year we are moving. This must take place in late April to early MAY 2007. Can NOT change that schedule. Everything will be sprouting by that time here. I realize it's a bad time of year to dig and move buckets and buckets of these. The LILIUM BULBS, IRISES and ROSES absolutely must be saved. We have too much money invested in rare plants of those 3. The others aren't so important but as long as I have to dig then may as well haul them along. How would this be accomplished at that time of year? The plants will be out of ground for about 2 weeks. I believe if I put everything in a non-growing mixture they will be fine. They will grow after replanting but won't bloom first year. Am I correct and how can I do this without losing too much?

Comments (10)