SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janepa_gw

Hellebore - Do you grow them in your zone5/6 garden?

janepa
14 years ago

I am just starting to add hellebores to my garden and I thought there might be some readers here that have hellebores in their garden.

I posted some questions on the Hellebore Forum and received this one reply from gardengal48 which said in part "be aware that the double or anemone flowered hellebores do tend to hang down and are more difficult to see well when in bloom". She gave me some good advice, and I am also going to do a search on her past posts in the Hellebore Forum. She especially likes Ivory Prince and that is one I had already decided is a must. Does anyone know of more upright flowered varieties? The one anemone flowered type I saw was a lovely pink, but if we cannot see the flowers, why plant them, unless they can be viewed from a hanging pot? (is this possible?)

Thank you for any advice and photos you care to share.

In my search for information, I found it mentioned several times to view the flower in person for an accurate color/style. Does this mean if my neighbor has a particular named variety, and I buy one with the same name, mine might not look like my neighbor's in color/style?

Thank you. Jane

Comments (16)