SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Better to sink unplanted perennials in vegetable garden in Z 5?

I was laying out a "new" bed but digging out the wild daylilies currently residing there proved too daunting a task to accomplish this fall. (Either that or it was just too cold and/or I was too lazy, whatever. My motivation to do actual garden work ebbs in the fall, though my motivation to buy plants on sale never seems to lag, ever) We are due to have a hard frost in a couple of days and I have a lot of tropicals and annuals to pot up and get indoors before itÂs too late.

In your opinion, is anything still left unplanted, best just sunk into the vegetable garden pot and all, to await next year? What I have left are Agastache Black Adder, Salvia Caradonna, Painted Daisy, Yarrow Summer Pastels. I have also a bunch of grasses (which I posted about earlier: I bought them not knowing they should not be planted in the fall) and some large mums, which I know may not make it.

In my defense IÂm usually eager in the spring, and itÂs much easier to figure out where I really want stuff, without big hulking dahlias brooding down over me with intimations of imminent doom.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH