SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conniemcghee

Need ideas - Coolest thing you ever saw at botanical garden

conniemcghee
12 years ago

Hi folks,

I need your help. I'm an art director (and master gardener). I post here from time to time, but mostly read and look at your pictures. :)

I have just been assigned the most wonderful project at work. The local botanical gardens have approached us about helping them design signage for a soon-to-be refurbished area of the garden. As you might imagine, I am jumping for joy!

We met yesterday, and they have asked for really out of the box ideas. I know many of you are like me and like to visit botanical gardens when you travel. I've been to a handful, but it occurred to me that this forum has members from across the U.S. I bet between all of us, we've seen most of them. :)

So, as a jumping-off point for brainstorming new ideas, I wondered if I could ask you all to describe memorable signage, ornaments, themes or cool vignettes you have seen. Photos would be even better if you have them. They aren't looking for ideas for plant material, and the basic layout has been designed by a landscape architect. They are looking for signage ideas as well as interesting things to "discover" as you walk through the garden.

I have seen photos of several of your visits, so I know you'll have some great ideas. Thanks in advance for sharing!

Comments (12)