SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ensatagirl

a great rhododendron/azalea company

ensatagirl
17 years ago

I have bought fall liners of 7 or 8 rhododenron from this wonderful company in Portland, OR, establisheed in 1926.

They sell fall liners for $5.00. They have hundreds of varieties; they should bloom in spring 2007. They also sell rooted (big root ball) rhododendrons and azaleas for $1.25 in spring. OR they will root your OWN rhododendron and azalea cuttings in their green houses over winter and return them to you for $l.00 each.

The only problem is that their on-line catalog has no photos. This is easily remedied by googling the names. I just write rhododendron on Google Image and add the various names one at a time, back spacing to the word "rhododendron"for each new name. Probably, most of you know that already.

The company is the Van Veen Nursery:

www.vanveennursery.com. Vickie is a very nice representataive of the company to talk to.

They are such a great buy; I am already making a list for my friend in Vermont. For her I will have to get rhododendrons which are hardy to -25 degrees. Here in Richmond, I can get them at a hardiness of -10 degrees (www.weather.com go to records and averages for your locality and you will find your extreme cold limit.) For people in warmer climates, you have even more to choose from.

Comments (2)

Sponsored